Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Look What Women's Health Magazine Can Do for You...

I checked my email tonight and low and behold there was an advertisement for Women's Health Magazine. This is their marketing speal:

You CAN have it all - or at least what matters most to you: Get in the best shape of your life...boost your energy levels...eat well and still stay slim...get the most out of your relationships...and more. That's what Women's Health is all about! Unlike other magazines with a "one-size-fits-all" standard of beauty, Women's Health helps you find your way to a happier, healthier, and smarter life that's just your style.

Wow, I think I'll go buy out every magazine rack from Colorado to New York!!! If a magazine can truly help me eat well, stay slim and work magic with my relationships why wouldn't I buy it? Does anybody else find this absolutely ridiculous? What happened to being personally responsible for our actions? Is a glossy piece of paper with some pictures, articles, occasional recipe and a little glue actually going to make my dinner and nag my husband (only on occasion, really)? Oh, I almost forgot the most important part of a magazine, the little advertisement cards that are so, so annoying and that keep you from turning the page successfully. Turn page, back to the advertisement card, turn page, back to advertisement card, TEAR OUT ADVERTISEMENT CARD, turn page, smile with the sense that you have won the battle. Sorry, I digress from my point.
What happend to good old hard work to get what you want out of life? Would you succumb to this advertisement? Just wondering.

No comments: