Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Kickin Around an Idea



Okay, I've been kickin this idea around in my head for a little while now. So, as you can all tell from reading my bio, I am and have been a WW groupy for quite some time. I'm wondering if I would like to try another approach. I don't mean give up or stop being accountable. But, I sometimes feel overwhelmed by counting and measuring. I see myself at age 90 standing in the kitchen measuring my appropriate portion of Ensure and dried prunes. I know, a little exaggeration. But does the weighing and measuring thing ever bother anybody else out there? I also wonder if it's psychological in that if I DON'T weigh or measure my mind tells me I'm eating too much. When, in fact, I'm probably not. I've been doing this for long enough to have a pretty good idea about portion size. Anyway, I was thinking of giving the no weighing/measuring thing a try for a week and see what happens. Maybe a little less pressure and maybe a scale success. Anyway, I won't start until next Monday as I think I should give it a full week of experimenting. I'll report back to let you know if I can actually do it and if I do, did it work.

I also had Green Giant Healthy Weight Vegetables for dinner last night and they were really good. There are probably others out there who have had them and might have a comment but easy packaging and as the post says ready in minutes. By searching for these I also stumbled upon the website the link will take you to named - I Ate A Pie. Never seen it before but it has some great product reviews and a work out song of the day. I might have my head in the sand on this one too. Not sure but wanted to share.

Another thing I picked up at the store a few weeks ago and wanted to share is TastyKakes Cookie Sticks. I happened to pick up the oatmeal raisin. I think they have two other flavors, chocolate chip and chocolate fudge. You know, they're okay. I was expecting something softer and chewier. I am a cookie freak and am always looking for a way to fit in some cookies. They are 2 WW points and if you eat them while drinking a hot drink it kinda hits the spot.

No comments: