Friday, January 18, 2008

My Very First Post

Well, here I am, entering the blogging community. I have been working on this since the first of the year and if you can tell from what I have, it's not much. Oh well, you have to start somewhere. Just like losing weight and maintaining. You have to start somewhere. I have been reading Roni, Carolyn, Anne and Molly and Katie blogs for months and finally decided that I needed to join in. I also need to say that since the first of the year my eating has been all over the map. No, make that the globe of the entire world. I know that the holidays are over and have been over. I do have one excuse, my husband's birthday on the 12th but does that give you the leeway to eat chocolate cake (frosting made with 1 pound of powdered sugar by my Mother, yes, I said 1 pound of powdered sugar)? Apparently I thought it did because I ate way more than I should have. The sad thing was I also made a WW cake. Do I take a sensible piece and move on? Noooooo, I don't. Okay, I'm whining and I don't want my first post to be whining. So, let's talk about today. Let's call it a Fabulous Friday so far. I've had exercise, quite a bit of water and measured and input all my food into the online journal. Great so far, huh? Well, a friend called and wants us to go over tonight to eat pizza and drink beer and wine and play games with another couple. Sigh. Can you spell disaster? Now, I'm not really a pizza freak. I will eat it and it tastes great but I don't go seeking it out if you know what I mean. So, I'm going to try to be as sensible as possible and eat a moderate piece of pizza, drink a moderate amount of wine and just try to have fun without worrying too much about where I am with food right now. Believe you me, food really likes me as I can feel it adhering to my thighs. Probably the chocolate cake. Maybe I should have just rubbed it on my thighs and avoided chewing! Help me get through this, please...

1 comment:

Roni said...

We're here! Welcome to the club! :~P