I found the below somewhere. I read it and it really makes sense to me. I want all who read this to see the words "daily weigh-ins are key." So, I'm not as obsessive compulsive...okay, I am. Well, I do vacuum the floor 4 to 5 times a week. You guys know already, I'm a Geek.
7 Steps To Weight Loss
By Michael O'Shea Published: January 13, 2008
1. BUY A SCALE To change your body, you need to know where you stand. A recent study by Brown University Medical School showed that daily weigh-ins are key. (First thing in the morning is best.) Use the number as a way to track your progress. A realistic goal is a weight loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week. I AGREE WITH THIS BUT MAYBE THAT'S BECAUSE I ALREADY AM DOING IT.
2.CLEAN OUT YOUR CUPBOARDS Toss all those naughty little goodies that might prove too tempting when you’re tired or hungry. Or put them at the back of the cupboard or refrigerator so you won’t be faced with them every time you open the door. And divide large bags of snacks into single-portion baggies or buy prepackaged 100-calorie options. THIS IS ANOTHER ONE I AGREE WITH. AT CHRISTMAS I FINALLY HAD TO THROW AWAY THE WALNETTOS. YES, WALNETTOS. MY MOTHER BOUGHT ME A THREE POUND BAG AND I PROCEEDED TO EAT AT LEAST 2 1/2 POUNDS BY DECEMBER 27TH!! IF MY HUSBAND BUYS THINGS LIKE RED LICORICE, CERTAIN PASTRIES, ETC. I ASK HIM NICELY TO PLEASE HIDE THEM FROM ME... IT ACTUALLY WORKS AND I FORGET ABOUT THEM. NOW, IF I REALLY WANT TO FIND THEM, I WILL. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?
3. KEEP A JOURNAL Write down your weight each day, plus everything you eat. You’re the only one who has to see this—so be honest. Estimate the calories of each entry as you write it down. (Find out the number of calories in everything you eat. Visit nutritiondata.com.) I WOULD BE SOMEWHAT LOST IF I DIDN'T TRACK WHAT I ATE EACH DAY. I CAN GUAGE THE POINTS OF MY FOOD CHOICES PRETTY WELL AND I ALWAYS HAVE MY POINTS SLIDER WITH ME - ONE IN MY PURSE, ONE IN MY CAR, ONE IN MY DESK AT WORK AND ONE IN MY KITCHEN. SEE, I AM OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE. ALSO, CHECK OUT RONI'S WEIGHT WATCHEN PAGE. SHE HAS A TABLE THAT YOU CAN USE TO PRODUCE A JOURNAL YOU CAN POST IN YOUR BLOG.
4. TELL EVERYONE Sit your family down and tell them your goals. Be clear that losing weight is important to you and that you would appreciate their support. A weight-loss buddy also can improve your chances of success. If you don’t know anyone who fits the bill, consider joining an online support group. SO, REASON WHY WW WORKS MAYBE? MY FAMILY IS PEFECTLY AWARE OF MY DESIRE TO MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT LOSS. I THINK IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT FOR THEM TO BE IN YOUR CORNER.
5. EAT SEVERAL SMALL MEALS A DAY It’s natural to be a little hungry during the first few days of any diet. Remind yourself that it is just a physical sensation, and you can handle it. Still, any diet that leaves you hungry all the time will lead to overeating. Many people find that having five or six small meals a day works best for them. WOW, SOMETIMES WHEN I'M BUSY I DON'T EAT ENOUGH WHICH SOMETIMES LEADS TO ONE OF THOSE "OUT OF CONTROL" MOMENTS. OK, NOT MOMENTS, SOMETIMES HOURS. OK, OK, NOT HOURS, SOMETIMES DAYS..... I CONFESS, I CONFESS. SEE THE WALNETTO COMMENT ABOVE.
6. GIVE YOURSELF TREATS If you deprive yourself endlessly, you’ll end up going on a world-class binge at some point. Consider adding a treat to your daily or weekly plan, but pay attention to portion size and calorie count. A 1/2 cup of low-fat ice cream or three pieces of chocolate can work as long as you limit yourself to that. AGAIN, I DO THIS. OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I TRY NOT TO GIVE IN TO THE SUGAR CRAVING AND, BAM, IT HITS ME. I START SCARFING THE DRY CEREAL, GRAHAM CRACKERS AND ANYTHING ELSE NOT NAILED DOWN OR THAT MY HUSBAND WON'T NOTICE IS MISSING. YES, I SAID THAT. I DON'T WANT HIM TO KNOW THAT I AM EATING HIS COOKIES OR HIS CANDY. WHAT WOULD HE THINK? ME, EATING THINGS I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO. THIS IS THE FAT BRAIN TALKING. MAYBE IF I WERE TO EAT A FEW PIECES OF CHOCOLATE NOW AND AGAIN THE SCARFING WOULDN'T HAPPEN.
7. START AN EXERCISE PLAN Besides burning calories, exercise also builds muscle and boosts your metabolism as you progress. One of the best things you can do is walk. Invest in a pedometer and aim for a goal of 10,000 steps or more a day. It’s the only number you want to see go up, up, up! I KNOW, I KNOW. PLEASE GET OFF MY CASE. HONESTLY, I KNOW THIS ONE IS RIGHT ON, DEAD CENTER. I NEED TO WORK ON THIS ONE. I DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO A GYM THAT IS OPEN WHEN I WANT TO EXERCISE. I KNOW, WHAT AN EXCUSE. I DO HAVE A WEIGHT MACHINE AND TREADMILL SITTING BEHIND ME. IN FACT, I JUST TURNED AND LOOKED OVER TO MAKE SURE THEY WERE STILL THERE. GUESS WHAT, THEY ARE. I KNOW WHAT I NEED TO GET BUSY WITH.
So, there you have it. What do you think?
Here's the journal:
Thursday, January 31, 2008
4 Tbsp fat-free creamer - 1
WW Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal - 2
1/2 cup Fresh frozen organic blueberries - 0.5
Midday - I know this is a weird one. Remember the sugar craving above. I was trying not to give in but kind of bended.
3 oz clementine - 0.5
1/2 serving Hulk with marshmallow bits cereal - 1
4 frosted mini wheats - 0.5
1 SF Jello - 0
Carrots - 0
WW Caramel Cake - 1
Subtotal - 3
2 Vegetarian Bubble Up Pizza 6
Fresh Green Beans with Molly McButter - 0.5
Pretzel sticks (12) - .05
Pudding - 1
Food POINTS values total used 14.5
Scale Today 117.3
Exercise - Sigh, See Above