Saturday, July 18, 2009

I'm Trying to Get Back Into It

So, as you can see, it's been forever since posting. However, Amy's Challenge has brought me back into it. The challenge so far has made me think about exercise and making the right food choices. Here are some pics of last week's challenge. I hit the trail and worked it out for a little over an hour. I also had some four-legged help from my faithful golden retriever, Dudley. If I had four legs I could go faster too! The trail head for this 3.5 mile hike/run is a few blocks from work (uphill). So it's easy to head up after a long day of sitting at a desk. This is the start and believe me it's straight up for a good while. It then tapers and you get to go for awhile on a somewhat flat trail which is where I do the running. Then we go up again, straight down, flat, down, up, you get the picture.
We have to go down these after going across a very high bridge over a canyon and then through a short cavelike walkway through the mountain. The dog wasn't so hot on the high bridge or the cave. It took some cajoling to get him to do it! All, in all, it was a great workout. I did get eaten by mosquitoes at one point. Yikes. Update ya with this week's challenge later.

No comments: